Saturday 3 December 2011

The Hot Summer Christmas Parade


4 December 2011

Christmas is coming!!!! Although it is the beginning of December, the town has been filled with Christmas atmosphere. I am so excited as it would be my first Christmas celebration in a western country. Unfortunately, the Christmas would be in the summer season, without the snow.

Today's afternoon, there was a Christmas parade held in Riccarton, Christchurch. Despite the hot weather and strong sunshine, I went for the parade and joined the joy. It was crowded, but it was not too bad if compared with the big celebrations in Malaysia.

To my surprise, there were many different races taking part in the parade, including Japanese, Taiwanese, Chinese, Philippians and Thailands. I enjoyed the parade so much, but it was really painful to stand under the sun for hours.

No comments: