Saturday 3 December 2011

New Brighton and the Pier

3 December 2011

I could not work any longer in LCL and decided to leave without informing the manager  as we could not fulfil the commitment to work for two weeks. I know it was bad. The manager was mad and sent me a couple of threatening messages but Gemma comforted me and convinced that blacklisting me would not work as I didnt provide my real name. She even welcomed me to work with her again at Onuku Farm Hostel. 

Hence I am here in Christchuch now to sell my car. It means I am pretty sure that Onuku will be my last stop till I get back to my home country. I get to know Eric and Kelvin are also in Christchurch so we arranged a trip to New Brighton.

All I have heard about New Brighton were the beach, the pier and the library. The 300 metres pier was built in 1990s, behind the library and it goes all the way out to the sea.

pic: It is now summer. It is getting more people going out to the sea with their wet suits

pic: There were also people catching crabs with the chicken bones as the bait. 

The library is situated in such a strategic location, which allows the people to read while looking out to the sea through the big windows.


No comments: